Loving the vintage vibe!

Here's where I'll share my obsession with vintage fabric! It's taking over my house!

I'll sharing with you my favorite fabrics, my 'adventures" in dressmaking using vintage patterns, some home furnishing ideas and no doubt I'll be telling you about any exciting finds! Love to hear about your vintage adventures too!

My first Shop was AudreysCat ( online shop May 2010) , but my new logo / name - WittyDawn , arrived Jan 2014.

I hope you'll have time to browse my shops too !

Friday 28 March 2014

Well I think there's nothing wrong with a homemade pressie !

So a dear friend had one of those 'milestone' birthdays coming up and had also admired a bold green and white dress I had made and worn on New Years Eve.


Aha! I thought ... now there's an idea... and then I found the perfect vintage fabric... SO her colours.



A few hours sewing  and this was the result! it was a good job she was considerably slimmer than me otherwise I'm not so sure she would even have received it.

A couple of friends - armed with a sample of the fabric - also bought the most devine and perfectly matched jewellery from 'Made' in Cirencester, so we were able to give her a fully co-ordinated outfit

Now this gift didn't cost many £££'s but there's not many ( any ?) out there like it :)


2 comments:

  1. Can i adopt you as my new BBF - what a lovely pressie :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, another friend would dearly love one but as she has girls who are interested in sewing I have suggested that I give her some sewing lessons instead - I think she/her daughters would get a lot out of learning :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment , it will be published shortly...