For quite a small town we are pretty well able to cater for the vintage hunter if you know where to go! not to mention about 13 charity shops - well run with good quality stock too. For example we have bought many bits of funiture from the Sue Ryder shop ( near the town center Tesco ) - like this display cabinet.
SO vintage fans if you want to visit Cirencester here's a few places you might like to check out !
- Sheila at SheUnique . Although Sheila has closed her shop now she is still involved in many local vintage events and also provides vintage makeup and hairstyle makeovers - very much in demand for weddings and hen dos! her facebook page is here https://www.facebook.com/sheuniquevintage.cirencester?fref=ts&ref=br_tf.
- For 20 century Furniture you need to head out of town to the Love Lane Business park to Mark Parrish's place. A treasure trove of great funiture ( that chair in the photo above came from there as have several other pieces of our furniture) here's a selection of Mark Parrish's items. If you want to see what he has make sure you contact him first to arrange an appoinment !
- In the Market place there is a great antiques center with a coffee shop , The .Cirencester Antiques Centre people are very helpful and there's a great range of items. Open Mon to Sat.
- Every Friday 9 - 3 pm we have a great Antiques Market in the Corn Hall in the Market place directly opposite the Cirencester Anitiques Center
- If you have a nice bit of furniture that you'd like repainting to get that Shabby Chic look head out of town towards Stratton on the Gloucester Road / Cheltenham Road junction to the Lavender House Interiors and Coffee Shop . The ladies there do a great job renovating old furniture AND you'll get a great coffee too AND they usually have one or two items from me!
- We also have Lavinia's Tea Party based in Stratton. Amongst other things they can hire out vintage tea sets for wedding and hen dos - very pretty things.
- I noticed last week that the little Jewellery shop Joli Beau run by Nicole near the Post Office had a cabinet FULL of the most devine vintage jewellery so I'd advise you to check that out!
- There is often a lovely lady selling vintage clothes on a stall in the market place, and my friend Carole https://www.facebook.com/vintageupcycling often has a stall in the Corn Hall.
- For General shopping info here's a good site Cirencester Shopping
and OF COURSE if you want to see a great range of vintage fabric for fabulous cushions , bags and other homewares contact me for an appointment - I'll put the kettle on ! I am based in Stratton - a mile outside of Cirencester Town Center - as well !
'Vintage and Artisan Fair'At the Corn Hall, GL7 2NY Cirencester Sun 29th April 10 - 4pm . Organiser : Augusta Wreay 07970859703 - I believe some stall slots are still available. Lots of other shops. pubs and cafe's are open on a Sunday in Cirencester so you can make a day of it!
At the Organic Farm shop Now Being planned for next Autumn, pencilled in for 15th Nov 2nd 2014 .
It was such good fun last time and Emma / Hilary did a great job organising it - lots of charity money raised too. Details to follow nearer the time !