Loving the vintage vibe!

Here's where I'll share my obsession with vintage fabric! It's taking over my house!

I'll sharing with you my favorite fabrics, my 'adventures" in dressmaking using vintage patterns, some home furnishing ideas and no doubt I'll be telling you about any exciting finds! Love to hear about your vintage adventures too!

My first Shop was AudreysCat ( online shop May 2010) , but my new logo / name - WittyDawn , arrived Jan 2014.

I hope you'll have time to browse my shops too !

Friday 24 May 2013

"The cobbler's children go unshod "

Are you familiar with the phrase "The cobbler's children go unshod" ? It means that the cobbler spends so much time looking afer his customers' needs that he has no time for his children's.

Now my kids DO have shoes .... but I spend so much time create goodies for my customers my own projects get sidelined. My cushions were looking particularly scruffy - not good for someone who has SO much lovely vintage fabric! 

So my cushions are getting updated - these 'new' vintage  ones are for the family/dining room - where the colour theme in accents of orange and blue. I still have more to do for the front/music room ! I've also  got some fabric framing projects to do and some skirts to make for myself ... so... I'd better get busy!






PS - My shops are shut over half term whilst I play with the kids and play "catch up" with my projects :)  Back to work on Mon 3rd June.


Dawn x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment , it will be published shortly...