Loving the vintage vibe!

Here's where I'll share my obsession with vintage fabric! It's taking over my house!

I'll sharing with you my favorite fabrics, my 'adventures" in dressmaking using vintage patterns, some home furnishing ideas and no doubt I'll be telling you about any exciting finds! Love to hear about your vintage adventures too!

My first Shop was AudreysCat ( online shop May 2010) , but my new logo / name - WittyDawn , arrived Jan 2014.

I hope you'll have time to browse my shops too !

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Fabric weaving - another way to use my scraps

I've been on a bit of a quest recently to sort and put to good use all my fabric scraps .

Over on BritishCrafters I have seen someone who make pin cushions from woven fabrics ( I will pop a link/photo on for them when I find them again!)

Ah HA ! I have a basket FULL of strips of fabric - these are the hems from my repurposed vintage fabric - wider ones have been turned into patchwork piece but as you can see I had all these narrower strips.

So I've been having fun weaving them!



I now have a few 12 inch square pieces - what to do with them ? what do you think ? I can turn them into 12 inch cushions, make them a little larger for bigger cushions or just bias bind the edges to make them into table mats. I like the latter option myself. I'm also going to work out a basket idea - I'll let you know how that works out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment , it will be published shortly...