Loving the vintage vibe!

Here's where I'll share my obsession with vintage fabric! It's taking over my house!

I'll sharing with you my favorite fabrics, my 'adventures" in dressmaking using vintage patterns, some home furnishing ideas and no doubt I'll be telling you about any exciting finds! Love to hear about your vintage adventures too!

My first Shop was AudreysCat ( online shop May 2010) , but my new logo / name - WittyDawn , arrived Jan 2014.

I hope you'll have time to browse my shops too !

Monday 27 June 2011

Hubbie's Accordian!










We are a house of many musical instruments - none of which I can play, but OH and kids can. At last count we had 3 guitars, 2 violins, keyboard, cornet and last but not least this gorgeous accordian. It was given to my Hubbie by a family friend and it dates from the 50s. It came with some books dated 1955 which he is learning from - he's doing quite well actually!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Just getting back to blog land so popped by to say hi, what a musical family you have, I would love to play but London'r Burning on the recorder is as far as I got! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely accordian..Like yourself...I don't play but Mike does...not accordian I might add... He has 3 fiddles at the moment and god knows how many whistles. I have seen 5 fiddles hanging on the wall but he sold at least one of them. I have to listen to fiddle practice daily....just as well I enjoy the music!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! My best friend at Uni had an accordian - I had a go once - so difficult! And so heavy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment , it will be published shortly...